Sunday, July 27, 2014

Postcard from Germany - Herzog & de Meuron’s Elbphilharmonie

Dear Dialect Folks and Dialect Friends, today, as promised, I checked on the construction site of Herzog and de Meuron’s Elbphilharmonie here in Hamburg. I'll share all the details when I return. But for now have a quick look at these first impressions. And just so you know, their punch list accounts for over 6,800 items. Just saying. I'll make sure they'll pick up the pace. This thing is some 700 million over budget and a few years past it's finish date nobody knows the details. All that rust-red steel by the by is temporary scaffolding. Gotta love it. See you soon. Did I turn off the iron? (Can't remember) XOXO, Toby



































































No comments:

Post a Comment